Doctorate of Physical Therapy Admissions Process
Admissions Process: Application Checklist
July 2, 2013 – Opening date for PTCAS portal.
Early entry into system is strongly recommended. Review program requirements at the following link before creating account: http://www.ptcas.org/ptcas/public/Listing.aspx?seqn=271&navid=10737426783
For new applicants:
- Visit http://www.ptcas.org/
- Create a new PTCAS account
- Complete the Colleges and University section with every institution attended.
- Print the PTCAS transcript matching form for each institution.
- Arrange for your official transcripts to be sent from the registrar to PTCAS with the transcript matching form enclosed.
- Enter all of your college courses in PTCAS using personal copies of your transcript. Do not enter courses from memory. PTCAS may withhold verification of grades if your self-report does not match your transcripts.
- Enter your GRE scores on the application and arrange for an official copy to be sent to Walsh University.
- Complete the reference section. PTCAS will forward an electronic recommendation form to your reference.
- Complete the observation section. PTCAS will forward a verification request via email to the individual that you observed.
- Review your application for accuracy before you e-submit. Essays, answers to custom questions, background information, extra-curricular activities, service, honors or work experience CAN NOT BE ALTERED AFTER E-SUBMISSION. PTCAS does not correct grammar or other errors. Also, completed references or verified observations cannot be deleted.
- Print a hard copy of the application for your personal records.
- Login regularly to check the real time status of your transcripts, references, observation verification forms. You may need to contact PTCAS or academic institutions, references or clinical sites that have not responded.
- Check your email daily for any correspondence from PTCAS or Walsh DPT.
- Contact PTCAS promptly if you have any discrepancies or issues with your application.
Do not wait for PTCAS to receive all of your materials before e-submitting your application (e-submission requires paying your fee.) You will want PTCAS to begin verifying your grades as you continue to gather other materials.
If you are reapplying from a previous cycle, please follow the attached link for instructions. http://www.ptcas.org/Reapplicants/
The following materials need to be submitted to and processed by PTCAS to be considered and ranked for a slot in the November interviews:
- PTCAS application
- Paid fee
- Transcripts from all institutions attended (indicating 8 of 11 pre-requisites completed for 4+3 students and 6 of 11 prerequisites for Walsh accelerated 3+3 students)
- Verification from PTCAS of all transcripts (may take up to 5 weeks, please leave sufficient time for processing)
- You can wait to submit transcripts after completing summer 2013 course work, but PTCAS may not be able to verify your grades in time to be considered for a November interview.
- GREs (all portions of the test including writing score) GREs are self-reported on the PTCAS form; note that you will need to allow 7-15 days after test taking before you will receive your score for the written section.
- Verification from PTCAS of a minimum of 2 of 3 recommendations, at least one must be academic. NOTE: PTCAS allows only 4 recommendations to be submitted in the system.
- Verification from PTCAS of a minimum of 2 of 3 observations, 10 hours each, inpatient and outpatient represented.
October 1, 2013 - Soft Deadline Applications received after this date will be processed, but may not be given full consideration or allow you to be ranked for a November interview.
November 15, 2013 and November 22, 2013 – fall interviews (by invitation only.)
December 16, 2013 – Firm Deadline We will not process new applications (fee paid and e-submitted) received after this date.
January/February interview date(s) are for wait list and will be posted on the Walsh University DPT admissions page.
- Applicants who submitted their materials by the close date of December 16, 2013 and were not interviewed in November will be considered for the interview session in January/February.
Fall Grades for Academic Update:
Submit as soon as possible for wait list ranking and final interview consideration. Transcripts not verified by PTCAS will not be considered.
December 12, 2013 – Academic update opens
- Edit coursework in PTCAS.
- Send official copy of transcript to PTCAS in order to verify grades.
February 14, 2014 – Academic update closes.
- Grades submitted after this point will not count in the ranking system.
- At the completion of the November interviews, all interviewed candidates will be ranked. Offers for admission will be made in mid-December.
- Students who are invited to a waitlist interview are eligible for acceptance on a rolling basis as openings occur.
- Students who are not offered an interview are not eligible for acceptance.