3rd Annual Catholic Schools Week Photo Contest
In honor of Catholic Schools Week 2015, "Catholic Schools: Communities of Faith, Knowledge and Service," Walsh University invites high school students from across the country to take a moment and snap a photo that best captures what Catholic education means to them. Students are then asked to submit their photos by completing the form on our full website or via email. A panel of judges will then select the photo that best embraces the spirit of the Catholic Schools Week theme. The winning photo will be featured in next year's celebration of Catholic Schools Week.
The winning photographer will receive a $500 grand prize. Two runners-up will each receive a $250 prize. In addition, the school with the winning photograph will receive a $500 grant for programming at the school.
Deadline for Photo Submissions: April 1, 2015
- Participants must be currently enrolled in a U.S. Catholic high school, grades 9-12
- Email submissions must include the student's Full Name, Current School, Grade Level, Phone Number and Address to be eligible
- Submissions are limited to one photo per student
- Closing date for entries is April 1, 2015.
- Any photos that have been retouched, filtered or manipulated using Photoshop, Instagram or any other graphic software will not be considered.
- By entering the contest, the photographer grants Walsh University, including its agents, employees, representatives, and third parties acting on behalf of Walsh University, permission to use the photograph and photographer's name on the University's website, all social media, and all other platforms in perpetuity.
- By entering the contest, the photographer waives any and all rights to any type of compensation, other than the $500 prize amount, as a result of Walsh University's use of the photograph.
- For one year following the declaration of the winner of the contest, the photographer who is declared the winner may not authorize the use of the winning photograph to anyone other than Walsh University.
- The winning photographer is exclusively responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes associated with the receipt and acceptance of the prize.