Catholic Schools Week 2013 Photo Contest
Congratulations to Mary from St. Vincent-St. Mary High School in Akron, Ohio! Mary is the first place winner of our "Celebrating Catholic Schools" photo contest. Walsh President Richard Jusseaume presented Mary and her school each a $500 check. Keep an eye out for Mary's winning photograph when it is featured in the 2014 celebration of Catholic Schools Week. Two runners-up also each received a $250 prize.
About the Competition
In honor of Catholic Schools Week 2013, "Catholic Schools Raise the Standards," Walsh University invites high school students from across the country to take a moment and snap a photo that best captures what Catholic education means to them. Students are then asked to submit their photos by completing the form on our full website or via email by March 31, 2013. A panel of judges will then select the photo that best embraces the spirit of the Catholic Schools Week theme. The winning photo will be featured in next year's celebration of Catholic Schools Week.
In addition, the winning photographer will receive a $500 grand prize. Two runners-up will each receive a $250 prize. In addition, the school with the winning photograph will receive a $500 grant for programming at the school.
- Participants must be currently enrolled in a U.S. Catholic high school, grades 9-12
- Email submissions must include the student's Full Name, Current School, Grade Level, Phone Number and Address to be eligible
- Submissions are limited to one photo per student
- Photos may be submitted January 27 - March 31, 2013
- Winner will be notified on April 15, 2013
- By entering the contest, the photographer grants Walsh University, including its agents, employees, representatives, and third parties acting on behalf of Walsh University, permission to use the photograph and photographer's name on the University's website, all social media, and all other platforms in perpetuity.
- By entering the contest, the photographer waives any and all rights to any type of compensation, other than the $500 prize amount, as a result of Walsh University's use of the photograph.
- For one year following the declaration of the winner of the contest, the photographer who is declared the winner may not authorize the use of the winning photograph to anyone other than Walsh University.
- The winning photographer is exclusively responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes associated with the receipt and acceptance of the prize.