Direct Entry Program
In order to qualify for direct entry into the DPT program as a freshman undergraduate student, all of the following criteria need to be satisfied:
1. High school GPA of 3.75 or higher
2. Minimum ACT score of 28 or SAT score of 1200 (critical reading and math, not including writing)
3. Graduate in the top 10% of their high school class. Exceptions reviewed on an independent basis (e.g., no class ranking at school).
4. Complete an interview with a faculty member of the Division of Physical Therapy. The purpose of this interview is to ensure that you possess the qualities associated with becoming a successful student in the Physical Therapy program as well as a competent health care provider. This interview will occur during the winter/spring semesters prior to fall enrollment as a freshman.
Academic achievement plus demonstrating behaviors associated with successful health care providers will determine enrollment into the Direct Entry Program.
Once at Walsh University:
5. Must be enrolled in the Biology Pre-Physical Therapy major
6. Graduate with a 3.5 GPA or higher
7. Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score of 298 (total) or higher
8. During your senior year in the undergraduate program, you will also be required to pass an additional assessment which will be comprised of:
- A letter of recommendation from your undergraduate PT advisor
- A letter of recommendation from a licensed Physical Therapist
- A letter of recommendation from an undergraduate faculty member familiar with your academic performance
- Documentation of 30 hours of clinical observation in 3 different physical therapy settings (10 hours in each setting)
- An interview with a member of the Physical Therapy Admissions Committee. This interview session will occur outside of the regular interview sessions with applicants who are not Direct Entry.