Walsh University ascribes to the belief that the university residential experience can significantly contribute to a student's overall collegiate experience. The Office of Residence Life strives to provide residential communities that focus on the living and learning experience that best prepares our students to make meaningful contributions that align with the University's mission. In accordance with this belief, Walsh University requires all full-time, undergraduate students to live on campus for 8-semesters, unless a University Housing - Request for Release Form is submitted and approved by the Office of Residence Life.
Walsh University Housing Policy
All single, full time students are required to live in the residence halls unless permission to live off campus has been granted by the University Housing Appeals Board. Permission will be granted if a student qualifies under one or more of the following exemptions:
- The student is 23 years of age or older.
- The student is living with parent(s) or legal guardians(s) and commuting to school. The parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must live within a 50-mile radius of campus.
- The student is married and/or has a dependent child(ren) that he/she supports and lives with him/her.
- The student has lived in a group residential setting for more than eight semesters (excluding summer housing sessions).
- The student served and/is discharged from the Armed Forces.