What is Marketing?
Marketing is strategy. It's part of good business development and can have a major impact on sales and overall business growth. Through marketing processes, companies and organizations determine what products or services interest their customers.
What type of career can I look forward to with a Marketing degree?
There are career opportunities for marketers within a wide-range of business fields, from public entities, private practices, corporate or non-profit business to government.
More specifically, it can lead to careers in:
- Advertising and Promotion Management
- Product Planning
- Market Research
- Sports Facility or Team Marketing
- Supply Chain Management
- E-Commerce Marketing
- International Marketing
What makes Walsh's Marketing program unique?
Theory meets experience. Walsh's Marketing coursework blends marketing theory with experiential, or hands-on, practical learning, throughout the four years of study.
- Global awareness. We focus on marketing on a national level, and our curriculum is taught with an emphasis on global perspective.
- Marketing as business. We emphasize on how marketing acts as a business function and can be used as a method of creating sustainability.
- Responsible best-practices. Ethical, social, moral and personal responsibility is threaded throughout the coursework and embedded in our students' classroom and experiential learning.
- Diverse curriculum. Students take a wide variety of marketing courses. They earn a well-rounded education that makes them qualified for numerous tracks in the marketing field.
Generally speaking, what courses will I need to take?
All Marketing majors, like other business majors, need to take a required core group of business classes, including accounting, finance, general management and information management and analysis. Read about additional related marketing courses.
What experiential learning or internship opportunities are available with a Marketing major?
Experiential, or "hands-on" learning, is implemented throughout the Marketing curriculum. Read about the internship opportunities available to marketing majors.
Whom can I contact for more information?
Carole Mount, Interim Dean, School of Business