Master's in Education Reading Literacy
Strong literacy skills are essential building blocks for students to succeed in school, and in all aspects of their lives.
Teachers who are highly qualified in the area of language arts are in high demand as literacy expectations continue to increase. The Reading Literacy specialization serves to strengthen a teacher's competency, making them extremely valuable in the area of reading proficiency.
This program prepares experienced teachers to assess reading literacy, as well as develop, plan and implement reading programs to assist the diverse needs and abilities of students. Reading literacy courses include:
- Developmental Language and Literacy
- Methods of Teaching Developmental Reading
- The Principles and Practices of Teaching Phonics
- Reading Assessment and Intervention
- Reading in the Content Areas
- Clinical Practicum in Reading
Upon earning a Master’s in Education degree with a focus in Reading Literacy, graduates often go on to be reading specialists, literacy coaches, or classroom teachers.