Division of Mathematics and Sciences
With a math or science degree from Walsh University, students start reaching their dreams of becoming a doctor, pharmacist, computer technician and more.
Students can earn a bachelor's degree in the following majors:
- Biochemistry - Focusing on the chemical makeup and reactions within living things.
- Bioinformatics - Combining biological research with mathematics and computer science to unlock innovations in the health care field. We're one of the few colleges and universities to offer Bioinformatics as a major.
- Biology- Study of how living organisms grow, operate, function and develop.
- Chemistry - This area of science investigates the molecular nature of matter; developing theories and laws regarding the nature and behavior of chemical substances and new tactics for synthesizing, analyzing and manipulating chemicals for practical and theoretical applications.
- Clinical Laboratory Science - Involves conducting clinical testing for the medical field.
- Comprehensive Science
- Computer Science Digital Applications - Focuses on the use of computer software and hardware to provide end-users with integrated access to digital media, information, websites, and mobile computing applications in various settings.
- Computer Science Networking - Students will acquire a foundation in LAN, WAN, and mobile networks as well as the cybersecurity knowledge to secure these networks.
- Computer Science Programming - Students will be prepared to develop, diagnose, remedy and create programming for various industries and data providers.
- Computer Science - Hands-on courses help familiarize students with computer hardware, software, data mining and other relevant topics.
- Environmental Science - A branch of biology that focuses on the relationship between organisms and their environment.
- Exercise Science - A highly developed field of professional endeavor involving a hybrid of Biology, Chemistry, Physical Education and Clinical Sciences.
- Mathematics - Our program focuses coursework in specialized areas of mathematics like calculus and linear algebra, as well as laboratory training and research experience.
- Pre-Professional Programs - Students majoring in Biology or Chemistry can enter these programs to prepare for medical, dental, veterinary, optometry or pharmacy school, as well as physical therapy programs.
Every day, our students go to class state-of-the-art facilities, including our Bioinformatics Lab in the Timken Natural Sciences Center.
Students learn from faculty members who are great teachers, caring mentors and experienced researchers.
Our alumni are some of the most respected professionals in their fields, having earned M.D., D.O., Ph.D. and Pharm.D. degrees, among others. They contribute as teachers, researchers, health care directors, physicians, pharmacists, college faculty, business entrepreneurs and in many other ways.