Pre-Nursing Living Learning Community
The Pre-Nursing Living Learning Community is a part of the First Year Residential Experience and is designed to provide enrichment and support to first-year students who are considering nursing as a career. Special sessions with study facilitators, nursing student leaders, and university faculty will promote an increase in motivation for academic excellence and participation in scholarly, leadership, and service activities.
Programming initiatives include:
- Learning success skills and strategies
- Gaining an increased knowledge about your major and career options
- Forming study groups and sharing learning experiences
- Personalized interaction with faculty
Residence Hall Living
Menard Hall, built in 1966, is home to many of our first-year residential students. Rooms in Menard customarily house two-three students. Each room has a separate entrance, with two rooms sharing a private bathroom. All rooms are carpeted and have built-in closets, loftable beds, standard twin mattresses, two 4-draw dressers, and two desks. Rooms also come equipped with vertical blinds for the windows.
- Computer lab with high-speed internet access
- Study Lounge
- Inside and outside community spaces
- Laundry facilities
- Fitness Center