Walsh University offers several opportunities to further your professional development, regardless of whether you want to remain in the same field or explore entirely new opportunities. Select a link below to learn more.
- Certificate in Healthcare Management- Designed for healthcare professionals with a master's or undergraduate degree looking to advance their careers within the healthcare industry.
- Licensure in Education for Adults with Degrees (LEAD) - A program for individuals who already have a baccalaureate degree and wish to add a teaching license to his or her credentials.
- Grade 4-5 Endorsement- Designed for teachers who hold a Pre-K - 3 Ohio license and want to expand their career options in the field of elementary education.
- BSN for the RN - A program for registered nurses who have an associate degree, or another type of diploma, who want to earn a bachelor's degree. Built upon the educational foundation and work/life experiences of a nurse, it's a flexible option designed for adult students that can be completed on a part- or full-time basis.
- Accelerated BSN - A "second degree" program open to individuals who already have a bachelor's degree (of any kind) who wish to pursue a career in nursing.
- Physical Therapy - The Division of Physical Therapy occasionally offers conferences and other opportunities for PT professionals to further their development.
- Counseling - Walsh's Counseling and Human Development Program often provides a variety professional workshops and other continuing education opportunities for counselors.
- Leadership Development Across the Globe - This course focuses on the various leadership models and allows students to discover the type of leadership skills they need to become transformational leaders in their administrative positions. Students will be assessed through self-assessment, and one on one with faculty, to identify the leadership skills administrators need to enrich or develop to become successful transformational leaders. Students will work collaboratively with faculty and students from Walsh University, University of Colorado – Denver, and Oranim College in Israel on projects related to leadership development.
- Whole Brain Teaching - This scholarship outreach initiative allows licensed teachers an opportunity to study and research the effects of Whole Brain Teaching and related active learning strategies. (August 26-October 20, 2013)