Post-Secondary Enrollment Program
Walsh University's Post-Secondary Enrollment Program allows qualified high school juniors and seniors to enroll in courses for college credit. A maximum of 30 students are enrolled in the program per year, and these students are permitted to register for a maximum of 6-credit hours per semester.
Selected students must maintain a C-average or higher to remain in the Post-Secondary Enrollment program. PSEO students are required to take placement tests for English, a foreign language, and/or math prior to enrolling in any classes. The application process for this program takes place in the spring, with an application due date of April 1st.
Students who participate in the PSEO program may choose from the following enrollment options:
- Option A allows the public, community or nonpublic high school student to choose, upon enrollment, college credit or both high school and college credit. Under Option A, the student's family pays the entire cost of the program.
- Option B allows the student to receive both high school and college credit. Under Option B, the student's family is not required to pay for tuition, books, materials, or fees that are directly related to a course. However, parents should ask to be sure that they are fully informed about any general fees for which they may be responsible. For public and community school students, the cost of the college courses are paid by fund set aside by the Ohio General Assembly each biennium.
Students who attend a nonpublic high school who wish to enroll through 'Option B' must complete the PSEO Student Participation Application which can be found at the Ohio Department of Education website.
To apply to Walsh University's PSEO program, students must meet the following requirements:
- Junior to senior standing
- 3.25 cumulative GPA
- Submit a 350-word essay
- Submit a teacher or guidance counselor recommendation form
- Interview with an Admissions staff member
- Meet the April 1st deadline for the following Fall semester
*Please note that no applications are accepted for Spring semester
If you have any questions about the Post-Secondary Enrollment Program at Walsh University, please contact Katie-Elisabeth Brown at (330) 490-7349.