RN to MSN Degree Program
Advance Your Nursing Career – the MSN for the RN Option
The School of Nursing offers an RN to MSN degree track for diploma and associate degree nurses who wish to go on to graduate study to pursue a master's degree as a Clinical Nurse Leader or an Academic Nurse Educator. Students in the RN to MSN program will not be required to have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree prior to admission to the MSN program. This will allow accepted students to have advanced placement within the MSN in their chosen specialty area.
The student may return to the traditional RN-BSN track at any point and finish the traditional RN-BSN requirements using all credits earned from the graduate level coursework. If the student decides to continue with the three graduate courses, they must also register for and take a Professional Capstone. Upon successful completion of the capstone course, these students will apply for graduation and receive their BSN degree. At this point they may choose to continue their graduate education at Walsh with three courses on their transcript or they may choose to attend another graduate program and transfer the credit for these three courses.
Our graduate nursing degrees build on your experience and open the door to new nursing possibilities.
The Walsh Advantage:
- Allows the student to complete their BSN degree while earning credits towards their MSN degree
- Affords the student the greatest flexibility in completing their degree
- BSN classes meet only one evening per week
- MSN classes are in a hybrid format (combination of online and in classroom)
- Affords the student an opportunity to return to the traditional RN-BSN option and earn their BSN degree using credits earned from graduate level coursework
- Recognizes the experiential learning of the nurse
- Small class size
- Expert caring faculty
- Allows the student to pursue a graduate degree from another institution with credits ready to transfer
For additional information, please complete the form at the right.