- Prospective Students
- Current SPS Students
- SPS Enrollment Guide
- Professional Workshops
- Educational Alliances
- Accelerated Degrees
- Prospective Students
- Accelerated Nursing Programs RN-BSN
- NEW! RN-MSN Option
Advance Your Nursing Career – the MSN for the RN Option
The School of Nursing offers a NEW RN to MSN degree track for diploma and associate degree nurses. The MSN for the RN option is designed for the experienced nurse who wishes to go on to graduate study to pursue a master's degree as a Clinical Nurse Leader, or an Academic Nurse Educator. Students in the RN to MSN program will not be required to have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree prior to admission to the MSN program. This will allow accepted students to have advanced placement within the MSN in their chosen specialty area.
The student may return to the traditional RN-BSN track at any point and finish the traditional RN-BSN requirements using all credits earned from the graduate level coursework. If the student decides to continue with the three graduate courses, they must also register for and take NURS 450: Professional Capstone. Upon successful completion of the capstone course, these students will apply for graduation and receive their BSN degree. At this point they may choose to continue their graduate education at Walsh with three courses on their transcript or they may choose to attend another graduate program and transfer the credit for these three courses.
Our graduate nursing degrees build on your experience and open the door to new nursing possibilities.
Advantages for you:
- Allows the student to complete their BSN degree while earning credits towards their MSN degree.
- Affords the student the greatest flexibility in completing their degree.
- BSN classes meet only one evening per week
- MSN classes are in a hybrid format (combination of online and in classroom)
- Affords the student an opportunity to return to the traditional RN-BSN option and earn their BSN degree using credits earned from graduate level coursework.
- Recognizes the experiential learning of the nurse.
- Small class size
- Expert caring faculty
- Allows the student to pursue a graduate degree from another institution with credits ready to transfer.
“The flexibility built into the new track in the nursing program offers the registered nurse seeking an undergraduate or graduate degree a truly individualized approach to their education.”
Lawrence Mustafaga, Associate Professor of Nursing
**Walsh University School of Nursing is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC).
2020 East Maple Street
North Canton, Ohio 44720
800.362.9846 | 330.490.7090 Akron Campus
2623 South Arlington Road
Akron, OH 44319
4280 Shields Road
Canfield, OH 44406 Medina Campus
2783 Medina Rd
Medina, OH 44256