Social & Behavioral Science Degrees
Gaining insight to the behaviors around us.
Through our Division of Social and Behavioral Science degree programs, students gain an understanding of the hows and whys of human behavior and the dynamics within groups and cultures – whether it’s two people or an entire country.
Students seeking a Social and Behavioral Science Degree can choose from nine different majors:
- Psychology Community/Clinical, for students pursuing future licensure as counselors or psychologists.
- Psychology Pre-Occupational Therapy, for students interested in pursuing a career as an occupational therapist with the intent to pursue a Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Psychology Pre-Physical Therapy, for Students interested in a career as a Physical Therapist with the intent to pursue a graduate degree in Physical Therapy
- Psychology Research, for students not interested in a licensed profession, but who may want graduate work in psychology or careers in government, business, etc.
- Sociology Applied Criminology/Criminal Justice
- Sociology Family Studies
- Sociology Research Methods and Data Analysis
- Behavioral Science/Counseling and Human Development B.A./M.A. – Streamlining undergraduate psychology and sociology coursework with graduate counseling education, students can graduate with both a B.A. and an M.A. in six years.
- Human Services (A.A.)
Click the list of majors above to see the Social and Behavioral Science courses required for each.
The programs Behavioral and Social Science majors in this division are centered on four common goals:
- To introduce students to a variety of perspectives on human behavior and dynamics.
- To help each student gain an appreciation of diversity and culture.
- To develop students’ research skills by teaching them different research methods, how to conduct statistical analysis and how to present an acceptable professional paper.
- To provide our students with hands-on, real-world work experiences through internships and experiential learning activities.
Our Behavioral and Social Science majors are taught by renowned faculty members who share a passion for education and enlightenment. Click here for a directory of faculty members in the Social and Behavioral Sciences degree program.