Walsh University seeks a University Registrar to oversee the management of the Office of the Registrar and to provide academic information to a variety of academic areas including the office of the Provost, Academic Services, Enrollment Management, Academic Advising, and Compliance.
The Registrar is also responsible for coordinating registration, course schedules, degree audits, NCAA Division II student reviews, veterans’ certifications, catalog and curriculum guides, transfer equivalencies, and the issuance of grades and transcripts.
Walsh University believes in the desirability of a small university that promotes academic excellence, a diverse community and close student-teacher interactions. A commitment to the Judeo Christian tradition, diversity and service learning are critical to the mission of Walsh University.
- Oversee planning, budgeting, and personnel management of Registrar’s Office staff
- Assure integrity in the maintenance of undergraduate and graduate student academic records
- Coordinate the process of determining equates of transfer courses
- Supervise staff in recording grades, add/drop, registration procedures
- Oversee ad hoc reporting to institutional, state, and regional bodies
- Coordinate compliance reviews for new and transfer student athletes
- Assist with commencement and honors convocation
- Collaborate with school deans, department chairs, and program directors to address student issues
- Oversee the development of the semester schedule of classes, annual curriculum guides, and the undergraduate and graduate catalog
- Prepare Dean’s list for fall and spring semesters
- Certify all students for graduation – degree audit
- Prepare bi-annual census reporting
- Prepare annual IPEDS reporting
- Supervise Assistant Registrar in preparing academic standing reports
- Oversee the coordination of classroom assignments
- Service on various institutional committees
The University Registrar reports directly to the Dean of Academic Services. Three full-time staff report to the University Registrar, as well as numerous student employees.
Master’s degree required with a minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in a registrar’s office or equivalent student records office setting required. Competency in an integrated student database such as Ellucian/Banner or equivalent. Experience in the certification of military veterans and NCAA Progress-Towards-Degree athletic certification. Excellent communication and organizational skills. Knowledge of FERPA and NCAA regulations.
To apply please visit https://jobs.walsh.edu.