Director of Development
Walsh University seeks Director of Development, who will be responsible for the development and execution of an annual fundraising plan for capital and endowment gifts to the University.
Walsh University believes in the desirability of a small university that promotes academic excellence, a diverse community and close student-teacher interactions. A commitment to the Judeo Christian tradition, diversity and service learning are critical to the mission of Walsh University
• Develops and executes an annual fundraising plan for capital and endowment gifts to the University.
• Manages a portfolio of approximately 150 prospects with capacity to make gifts of $25,000 and higher. Makes personal gift solicitations designed around the interests and capabilities of the donor.
• Personally meets with prospects and communicates effectively with them to complete cultivation/solicitation strategies. Responsible for making 10 – 15 face-to-face visits per month designed to move prospects toward making a philanthropic commitment to the university.
• Works with the President, Vice President for Advancement, other University staff, and volunteer leadership to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward existing donors and prospects.
• Manages the Brother Thomas S. Farrell Heritage Society, (comprised of individuals who have established scholarships on campus and/or who have made estate plan provisions for the University).
• Manages the Walsh Advisory Board, a group of community members who serve as ambassadors and resources for the University.
• Attends relevant university events and meetings, some during the evenings and weekends; represents the university to external constituents.
• Travels to meet with assigned portfolio prospects, as needed.
• Staffs and supervises projects as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred)
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three to five years direct fundraising experience, preferably in higher education, with a track record of success in securing gifts of $25,000 or more. Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to handle multiple projects, is a must. Travel, weekend and evening hours required.
BACKGROUND: Successful candidates will have professional experience in a comprehensive development program in the field of higher education. Additional qualifications include success in designing, implementing, and administering programs related to fundraising.
To apply please visit https://jobs.walsh.edu.