Walsh Hosts Annual Catholic Schools Week Photo Contest
What's New, 2014-01-31
Walsh University is pleased to announce the second annual Catholic Schools Week national photo contest.
Catholic schools have a rich, storied history of providing academic excellence within a solid faith tradition. In honor of this history and the theme of Catholic Schools Week 2014, "Catholic Schools: Communities of Faith, Knowledge and Service", Catholic high school students nationwide are invited to submit a photo that best captures what Catholic education means to them. A panel of judges will select the photo that best embraces the spirit of Catholic Schools Week. Catholic Schools Week is January 26-February 1, 2014.
The winning photo will be part of a 2015 marketing campaign that celebrates Catholic Schools Week. The winning student submission will receive a $500 cash prize. Two runners-up will receive $250 each. In addition, the school with the winning photograph will be presented with a $500 grant to be used for programming in that school. The 2013 national contest, sponsored by Walsh, welcomed over 100 entries from a 10-state area.
Contest terms include:
- Participants must currently be enrolled in a U.S. Catholic high school, grades 9-12
- Email submissions have to include the student's full name, current school, grade level, phone number and address to be eligible
- Submissions are limited to one photo per student
- No retouched, filtered or software-manipulated photos permitted
- Photos may be submitted January 27 – April 1, 2014
- Winners will be announced April 15, 2014
For detailed rules and submission information go to www.walsh.edu/csw.