Accelerated Management Program
Why choose management?
Management involves planning, organizing, leading and supervising the activities of – and the people within – a company or organization. Managers perform critical functions that support business enterprises, from public to private to corporate or non-profit.
What type of career can I look forward to with an accelerated business degree from Walsh'saccelereated management program?
Good leadership and effective planning are important within any type of organization, whether it’s a Fortune 500 company or a small non-profit. With Walsh’s accelerated management degree, our students are prepared to take on careers such as:
- Human Resources Manager
- Financial Manager
- Administrative Services Manager
- Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations Manager
- Hotel Management
- Industrial Production Manager
- Purchasing Manager
What makes Walsh's Management curriculum unique?
- Business understanding. Our students learn how important effective management is for an organization's success and ultimate sustainability.
- Responsible best-practices. Ethical, social, moral and personal responsibility is emphasized throughout the coursework and embedded in our students' classroom and experiential learning.
- Global perspective. We delve into the impact of the global environment on the management field. Our courses also recognize how its practices differ in other countries and cultures.
- Integrated Curriculum. We established principles for each major, and these become themes that are carried out and reiterated through the curriculum and any experiential experiences. It's part of our effort to help students retain what they're learning and to offer them a foundation to draw upon throughout their collegiate career and beyond.
Generally speaking, what courses will I need to take?
All Management majors, like other business majors, need to take a required core group of business classes, including accounting, finance, general management, marketing and information management and analysis.
Additional related management courses include:
- Human Resources in Global Organizations
- Negotiations in a Global Environment
- Operations Management Practice Globally
- Team Management and Global Leadership
- Sustainability Achieved through Organization Change and Development
Request information on any of Walsh University's Accelerated Business Programs!