Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program
Earn a BSN in Only 15 Months!
Apply now for the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Often equated to a second degree program, the accelerated nursing degree track is open to individuals who already have a bachelor's degree (of any kind) who wish to pursue a career in nursing. Walsh's accelerated BSN program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- No lab fees
- Reduced tuition cost (including pre-requisite courses)
- Small class sizes
With a worldwide shortage of active nurses in the field today, Walsh is making every effort to advance its BSN nursing degree program to accommodate the progress of tomorrow's nurses.
“There are definitely some advantages to the accelerated program. I will be out in the work force this time next year. Not having breaks is actually beneficial because there isn’t any time to forget what I have learned in my nursing classes. I am able to quickly apply what I am learning. For instance, I learned how to place an IV the first week in workshop, and now any time I am in clinical and have the opportunity, I get to do it. I love it.” - Accelerated BSN Student Gabrielle Canterbury
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited, four-year institution of higher learning
- Admissions criteria for the Accelerated BSN program may vary depending on the applicant's educational and professional experience.
*All applicants are encouraged to meet with their Admissions Counselor or the Program Director to discuss their personal situation and to determine their individual requirements.
Coursework can typically be completed between one fall and one spring semester.
- General, Organic, and Biochemistry 1 with lab**
- General, Organic, and Biochemistry 2 with lab**
- Anatomy and Physiology 1 with lab**
- Anatomy and Physiology 2 with lab**
- Microbiology with lab**
- Human Development
**All science courses must have been completed within the last seven years.
Applicants will also interview with the Byers School of Nursing Admissions Committee. Applications for admission are accepted year round. Enrollment for each cohort begins annually in May.
International Student Admission Requirements
- TOEFL score of 80 or higher on the Internet-based test
- Complete Walsh's Certificate of Financial Responsibility indicating that student possesses funds available to pay for the first academic year
- Transcripts may only be submitted through WES, to be evaluated and sent directly to the University
The next class cohort will begin in May.