Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program
Earn a BSN in Only 15 Months!
Apply now for the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Often equated to a second degree program, the accelerated nursing degree track is open to individuals who already have a bachelor's degree (of any kind) who wish to pursue a career in nursing. Walsh's accelerated BSN program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- No lab fees
- Reduced tuition cost (including pre-requisite courses)
- Small class sizes
With a worldwide shortage of active nurses in the field today, Walsh is making every effort to advance its BSN nursing degree program to accommodate the progress of tomorrow's nurses.
“There are definitely some advantages to the accelerated program. I will be out in the work force this time next year. Not having breaks is actually beneficial because there isn’t any time to forget what I have learned in my nursing classes. I am able to quickly apply what I am learning. For instance, I learned how to place an IV the first week in workshop, and now any time I am in clinical and have the opportunity, I get to do it. I love it.” - Accelerated BSN Student Gabrielle Canterbury
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited, four-year institution of higher learning with a 2.75 or higher graduating GPA
- Completion of pre-requisite courses* with an overall pre-requisite GPA of 2.75
- Applicants will also interview with the Byers School of Nursing Admissions Committee
*Please check with your counselor prior to registering for a course at another institution to ensure it is equivalent to the prerequisite course at Walsh. If you choose to take the prerequisites at a local community college, your grade in the courses must be a B or higher. If you choose to take the prerequisites at another institution, your grade must be a C or higher in order to transfer in as credit.
Applications for admission are accepted year round. Enrollment for each cohort begins annually in May.
Coursework can typically be completed between one fall and one spring semester.
- General, Organic, and Biochemistry 1 with lab**
- General, Organic, and Biochemistry 2 with lab**
- Anatomy and Physiology 1 with lab**
- Anatomy and Physiology 2 with lab**
- Microbiology with lab**
- Human Development
**All science courses must have been completed within the last seven years.
You have the option of completing your pre-requisites at Walsh, transferring them in from previous college credit from an accredited school attended within the last 7 years, or completing the pre-requisites at another institution. Pre-requisite courses for the Accelerated BSN program are available at the $500 credit hour rate.
International Student Admission Requirements
- TOEFL score of 80 or higher on the Internet-based test
- Complete Walsh's Certificate of Financial Responsibility indicating that student possesses funds available to pay for the first academic year
- Transcripts may only be submitted through WES, to be evaluated and sent directly to the University
The next class cohort will begin in May.
Traditional Nursing Degree: walsh.edu/nursing-major