Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
Walsh University's Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP) program is designed to prepare nurses to manage complex patient care situations, providing specialized medical care and advanced nursing skills to patients in a hospital or clinic setting.
As part of Walsh University's Master of Science in Nursing program, the AGACNP track consists of both online and traditional classes and provides students with a solid theoretical basis, high-fidelity simulations and clinical experiences in a variety of acute care environments. Students can complete their master’s degree in two years of full-time study. A part-time option is also available. Upon graduation, students are eligible to sit for certification as an AGACNP.
This Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited program prepares Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioners to:
- Care for adult and aging patients with acute, chronic and critical conditions
- Work in fast-paced clinical environments such as emergency departments, intensive or critical care units, specialty clinics, or post-acute settings including home or rehabilitative care
- Collaborate with other medical professionals to provide well-rounded patient care
- History of Excellence. Walsh University has a strong reputation for producing career-ready nurses. Walsh MSN students are known for having a 100% pass rate on their certification exams.
- Hands-On Learning. With Walsh’s unique curriculum focused on clinical experiences and hands-on learning, our MSN graduates are better prepared to enter the field.
- State-of-the-Art Facilities. Walsh's Advanced Nursing Lab features high-fidelity simulators that allow students to receive training on par with the types of experiences residents receive during training at top hospitals.
- Caring Faculty. Our experienced faculty provided a personalized approach to student learning and success.
Download the PDFs below to view the curriculum map for each program option.
To request additional information about Walsh's AGACNP program, please complete the form at the bottom of the page.