Mental Health & Addiction: Breaking the Stigma
Walsh University is hosting a day-long symposium on the current state of psychiatric and mental health issues within our community and region. The conversations during this day will bring together thought leaders from across the area, and country, to discuss our response to the current crisis we are facing, including the addiction, mental health and psychiatric needs of our community. CEUs (number pending), CMEs (3.5 hours) and CLEs (3.5 hours) will be available.
- Breakfast and Community Resource Fair
- Welcome by President Richard Jusseaume and Dr. Leigh Murray, Director of the Byers Institute for Community Health
- Morning Panel including Judge Richard Loftus (RET.), San Jose, California; Judge Elinore Marsh Stormer, Summit County Probate Court; and Judge Curt Werren, Canton Municipal Court
- Current Situational Assessment with John Aller, Executive Director of StarkMHAR
- Mental Health and Our Community Panel with Julie Stone, Byers School of Nursing; Dr. Ruthann Anderson, Program Director, Counseling and Human Development, Walsh University; and Keith Hochadel, CEO, CommQuest; moderated by Michele Boone, StarkMHAR
- Keynote Luncheon with Dr. Nicole Labor, DO, Addiction and Medicine Specialist
Agencies interested in having a table during the Community Resource Fair at the symposium may contact Andrea Singarella, email@example.com or 330.490.7567.
This event is brought to you by Walsh University's Byers Institute for Community Health, the James B. Renacci Forum and Center for Civic Engagement, Stark County Mental Health & Addiction Recovery and the Akron Bar Association.