Campus Ministry addresses the personal, spiritual, and religious needs of students, faculty, staff, and alumni by offering a variety of services including:
- Student-led and professionally-organized retreats
- Outside organization retreats (Confirmation, Youth, Young Adult, Prayer, Themed, Formational Scripture, etc.)
- Witnesses and themed talks
- Energizers and team builders
- Bible studies
- Various prayer opportunities
- Social gatherings
- Community outreach initiatives
Campus Ministry is staffed by the Director of Campus Ministry, Campus Minister/Coordinator of the Peacemaker Scholarship program and Campus Minister/Coordinator of Student Outreach.
Guided by the vision of the Brothers of Christian Instruction and the mission and goals of Walsh University, Campus Ministry provides programs geared toward faith formation, spiritual practices, community service, community building, and leadership development. Campus Ministry works with University priests and the director of liturgical services to provide pastoral care to other departments of the University and area Church leaders.
Campus Ministry's learning objectives are that:
- Students will be able to express and share the value of faith fostered in the Catholic learning community by growing in knowledge and challenging others through word and witness.
- Students will learn and develop effective leadership skills grounded in the Gospel value of service.
- Students will be able to understand local and global issues and demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of diversity in the light of their faith by scrutinizing the signs and the times and interpret them in light of the Gospel.
- Students will exercise their civic responsibility through the lens of peace and justice.
- Students will be able to develop a transformative prayer life that will form and inform their praxis as servant leaders and aspiring professionals.