Campus Assistance and Response Team
CARe Team was developed in 1991 to gather information from the Walsh community regarding at-risk students. Members work to intervene and assist students to promote student success. Concerns about students can range from academic to financial to personal.
Some common signs of a student that may be at-risk include:
- Serious grade problems
- Excessive absences
- Reported family problems
- Reported financial problems
- Retention issues / risks
- Unaccountable drop in grades or change in attendance patterns
- Change in pattern of interaction, mood, motor activity, or speech.
- Marked change in physical appearance
- Repeated requests for special consideration
- New or regularly occurring behavior which pushes the limits and may interfere with class management or be disruptive to others
- Unusual or exaggerated emotional response
If a student is displaying any of the following symptoms a referral to CARe Team is not enough! Please walk the student to Counseling Services or Health Services immediately or call Campus Police 330-490-7474.
- Highly disruptive behavior (hostility, aggression, etc.)
- Inability to communicate clearly (garbled, slurred speech, disjointed thoughts)
- Loss of contact with reality (seeing/hearing things that are not there, beliefs or actions at odds with reality)
If you would like to share concerns about a student with CARe Team, please click on the link below or contact any of the CARe Team members.
The email should include the student’s name, the nature of your concern and your relationship with the student (i.e. parent, sister, guardian, etc.). Please keep in mind that depending on the nature of the concern you may not receive any follow-up from CARe Team related to your referral if it involves areas of confidentiality for the student as protected by law). You can contact the CARe Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frances E. Morrow, Chair
Executive Director of Counseling Services
Dean of Students/Chief Judicial Officer
Director of Campus Ministry
Chief of Campus Police
Director of Residence Life
Vice President for Student Affairs/Title IX Coordinator
Dean of Academic Services