Career Readiness and Development Center
The Career Readiness and Development Center helps prepare students for their first job and for lifelong careers. The Career Center connects students and recent alumni with future employers, explores possible career paths with them, guides them in the articulation of their skills and experiences, and equips them with professional competencies.
Location and Hours
The Career Center is located in the new Global Learning Center, Suite 136. The Career Center is open from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Students and alumni can book appointments through Handshake.
Students, alumni, and employers can take advantage of Walsh’s career development platform. Through Handshake, students can register for events, book appointments, and discover and apply for jobs and internships. Over 200,000 employers use Handshake to find students and graduates for jobs and internships in all fields.
Students: Sign-on using your Walsh username and password.
Alumni: On Handshake, click “Sign up for an Account” and follow the prompts. When asked, select Walsh University as your school. Your submitted request will be sent to the Career Center for approval. Once approved, you can begin creating your profile, book appointments, and search for jobs.
Employers: Create an employer profile, which will give you access to thousands of university students in Northeast Ohio. Once your employer profile request has been approved, you will have access to connect with students and post internships and jobs.
- Career Exploration & Job Search Coaching – Not sure what you want to be when you grow up? No problem! The Career Center helps students recognize how they can design a career which matches their passions and strengths. We educate students in job search strategies and in exploration of career options in your field.
- Connections and Networks – The Career Center can help connect you with alumni or employers in your field. We empower students to network confidently, make the most of informational interviews, and make the connections that will build their professional network they need.
- Resume Writing & Coaching – Have a resume that needs polishing? Have no resume at all, but need one soon? We’re here to help. Choose between a peer student reviewer or a staff reviewer.
- Practice Interviews – Students can practice their interviewing skills with real employers or by using our new practice-interview video platform Big Interview. Students may also request to have practice interviews with staff or with alumni in a related field.
- On-Campus Interviews – The Career Center can coordinate and schedule on-campus interviews during the fall and spring semesters with potential employers.
- Graduate School Preparation – Find a program and prepare a competitive admissions application.
- OhioMeansJobs.com – Are you new to OhioMeansJobs? When you register an account with OMJ, you'll be able to create an employment plan, save jobs, build a resume, and more. Sign up today!