The Walsh University Choral Program is a musical organization dedicated to the principal of demonstrating, enhancing and creating true beauty through the gift of collective singing. Our ensembles rehearse, perfect and perform musical works of high distinction from a variety of languages, cultures and time periods. Members serve as musical ambassadors, carrying the banner of Walsh University proudly in every rehearsal and performance.
Walsh University Chorale
- Large choir of around 80 voices
- Performs primarily on campus
- Sacred and secular works in every style
- Receive credit by signing up for MUS 050
- Audition not required but recommended
Walsh University Chamber Singers
- Select group of 20 to 25 singers
- Auditioned ensemble from the larger Chorale
- Traveling ensemble
- Focuses on a cappella singing
- Toured to Chicago, New York, Washington DC, and Rome
About the Director
Britt Cooper is an Associate Professor of Music and Chair of the Division of Fine and Performing Arts at Walsh. He has a M.M. in Choral Conducting from the University of Alabama and a D.M.A. in Choral Conducting from the University of South Carolina. Dr. Cooper directs three choral ensembles: the Walsh University Chorale, the Walsh Chamber Singers, and the Stark Community Chorus Sponsored by Walsh University. He has also directed collegiate choirs in Georgia, South Carolina, and Tennessee.