Byers Institute for Community Health
The Gary and Linda Byers Institute for Community Health brings together faculty and students from all disciplines to promote healthy living and explore ways to provide better health services and health access to residents of Stark County.
Our mission is to promote healthy living and community health through research, education, advocacy and service. In pursuing this mission, we seek opportunities to partner with local and cross-border communities. We commit to fostering servant leadership, inter-professional collaboration, and interdisciplinary research and education to reduce health disparities.
The institute will become a leading institute advancing community health and healthy living.
- Investigate the moral issues that arise at the intersection of health, technology and public policy.
- Encourage interdisciplinary collaboration through education, research and service.
- Work with community partners to strengthen policies and improve evidence-based practices.
- Engage in advocacy efforts to promote the rights, well-being and access to healthcare for all.
- Promote quality of life, healthy development, and healthy behaviors across all life stages.