Cavalier Safeguard Initiative
In 2017, Walsh University was awarded a federal grant by the Office on Violence Against Women through the Department of Justice. The national goal of the grant program is to reduce incidents of sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, and stalking (SADDVS) on college campuses. The university was charged a strategic plan that would inform campus efforts through 2020 to accomplish this long-term goal. A copy of the final strategic plan can be accessed here.
Through this initiative, Walsh has developed a Coordinated Community Response Team (CCRT), and is now focused on:
- Enhancing comprehensive SADDVS prevention efforts
- Improving services provided to victims/survivors of these crimes
- Revising policies, procedures, and processes related to SADDVS incidents.
Cavalier Safeguard Inititative Leadership Team
- Project Director – Bryan Badar
- Director of Grants & Sponsored Research – Dr. Rachel Hammel
- Project Evaluator/Associate Professor of Sociology – Dr. Laci Fiala
- Project Coordinator/CSI Program Coordinator – Joy Raub