Digital Media Concentration
Walsh's Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies degree with a concentration in Digital Media is designed to give adult students the critical thinking and technical skills needed for producing digital media content and distributing that content across multiple platforms. Students will receive a solid background in applied communication, learning methods and strategies for ensuring their messages have maximum impact.
Because the courses are offered completely online, it's easier to fit the courses into your schedule, making it easier to balance work, family and personal time.
What makes Walsh's Digital Media curriculum unique?
- Personal Attention. Our class sizes are small, giving students more one-on-one attention from their instructors.
- Accelerated Format. Designed for busy, working adults, this degree can be completed by taking online courses offered in accelerated 8-week sessions.
- Theory Meets Experience. We focus our Digital Media program on helping our students apply the skills and theories from their coursework to real-world situations, like internships and service-learning projects.
- Responsible Best Practices. As part of the Walsh University mission, we place a great deal of focus on the ethical practice of communication.
Generally speaking, what courses will I need to take?
Our program includes a core set of classes that introduce students to communication as a field and a number of elective courses where students can pursue their individual career and academic interests. In addition, students will take coursework in areas such as social media, digital applications, and graphic design.
What type of career can I look forward to with a Digital Media concentration?
Graduates with a concentration in Digital Media are prepared for careers in fields such as:
- Web Design
- Digital Content Production
- Viral and Social Media Advertising
- Digital Public Relations and Brand Management
- Integrated Marketing Communication
To learn more, complete the form at the bottom of the page.