Doctorate of Physical Therapy Direct Entry Program
Direct entry is available to a limited number of graduating high school seniors who will enroll in Walsh University’s Division of Mathematics and Sciences Biology Pre-PT program (and complete that degree). The direct entry is very competitive and allows an automatic acceptance upon completion of a number of milestones throughout one’s matriculation within the university. The following are required prior to submission in the direct entry program.
Prior to Attending Walsh University:
- High school GPA of 3.75 or higher
- Minimum ACT score of 28 or SAT score of 1200 (critical reading and math, not including writing)
- Graduate in the top 10% of their high school class. Exceptions reviewed on an independent basis (e.g., no class ranking at school).
- Complete an interview with a faculty member of the Physical Therapy Program.
NOTE: This interview will occur during the winter/spring semesters prior to fall enrollment as a freshman.
Once at Walsh University:
- Must be enrolled in the Biology Pre-Physical Therapy major (either in the traditional or accelerated tracks)
- Graduate or complete accelerated undergraduate requirements with a 3.5 GPA or higher
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score of 298 (total) or higher
- During the senior year (or junior year if also an accelerated student) in the undergraduate program, one is required to pass an additional assessment which will be comprised of:
• A letter of recommendation from an undergraduate PT advisor
• A letter of recommendation from a licensed Physical Therapist
• A letter of recommendation from an undergraduate faculty member familiar with the student’s academic performance
• Documentation of 30 hours of clinical observation in 3 different physical therapy settings (10 hours in each setting)
• An interview with a member of the Physical Therapy Admissions Committee. This interview session will occur outside of the regular interview sessions with applicants who are not Direct Entry.