Jump to page contentFuture Student?

Housing Accommodations for Students with Disabilities

Walsh University is committed to fostering an institutional climate in which qualified students with disabilities have full access to the academic environment, including residence halls.

To make a formal request for housing accommodations:

  • Please complete and submit a Request for Accommodations Form 
  • Submit current documentation of a disability completed by a qualified professional. Documentation must substantiate a diagnosed impairment that is a current substantial limitation to a major life activity as it relates to housing needs.
  • Schedule an intake meeting with the Director of Accessibility Services and a representative from Residence Life to discuss eligibility and placement options.

Please keep in mind that qualifying for disability related housing accommodation does not guarantee a student a room assignment or the room assignment of his/her choice. The student is responsible for submitting his/her housing deposit, application, and contract before deadlines set forth by Residence Life. Students are strongly encourage to submit all requests prior to July 1st, as housing accommodations are provided on a first-come, first-served basis. If a placement is unavailable that meets a student’s disability-related accommodation, the student will be placed on a waiting list until a placement that meets the accommodation becomes available.

For more information regarding this process, please visit the Office of Accessibility Services or contact Meredith Soduk, Director of Accessibility Services, at (330) 490-7529 or msoduk@walsh.edu.