Resources for Community Partners
Why partner with Walsh University?
- Supplement the organization's human resources to meet community needs
- Demonstrate to students that they can contribute to society
- Raise awareness about the community organization's mission, needs, and population served
- Provide the community organization with a connection to the university
- Identify prospective employees or volunteers
Role of the Community Partner
- Create an environment conducive to learning (let the students ask questions)
- Orientate and train the students regarding the work that they will be doing
- Serve as partner and co-teacher to the students
- Provide honest and timely communication with the faculty member
- Provide honest and timely feedback to students regarding their work.