Community Partner Information
Who can be a community partner?
Community partners can be non-profit agencies, educational institutions, groups of people who share a common identity, or for-profit agencies with a primary purpose of providing a public service.
To learn more, please complete our Community Partner Interest Form at the bottom of this page.
Why partner with Walsh University?
- Supplements your human resources to meet community needs
- Demonstrates to students that they can contribute to society
- Raises awareness about your organization's mission, needs, and population served
- Provides you with a connection to the university
- Identifies prospective employees or volunteers
Role of the Community Partner
- Create an environment conducive to learning
- Orientate and train the students regarding the work that they will be doing
- Serve as partner and co-teacher to the students
- Provide honest and timely communication with the faculty member
- Provide honest and timely feedback to students regarding their work
Types of Partnerships
- Sustained Direct Service Learning – Walsh students visit the partner site regularly throughout the semester and engage in service activities in which they directly work with a partner’s constituents.
- Community-Based Research or Project – Walsh students offer their skills through a service-learning course by providing qualitative research, statistical analyses, or quantitative data collection on a topic chosen by the partner, or by completing a project (such as website development, online volunteer management system, community garden creation, marketing strategies, etc.)
- One-Time Project-Based Service Learning – Groups or classes of Walsh students dedicate a few hours of support to a community partner in a one-time service project related to their course and in which students work alongside partner staff and constituents.
If you are interested in partnering with Walsh University’s Office of Service Learning, please submit the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.