Global Learning Mission
Inspired by the example of global citizenship of the Brothers of Christian Instruction, the Office of Global Learning provides opportunities for students to develop into leaders in service with an international perspective. Global Learning promotes learning which transforms the student, the university and the communities which they serve.
The Office of Global Learning seeks to:
- Demonstrate a concrete impact of global service on students, the Walsh and local communities and the world.
- Increase global connections through more varied programs in multiple destinations throughout the world – and to bring more connections to the Walsh campus
- Develop and sustain learning communities which promote servant-leadership and global citizenship across university constituencies
- Achieve national recognition as a global institution
To learn more about upcoming Global Learning programs, how to apply, or for general information about study abroad, visit our AbroadOffice.
Why Global Learning?
Our students develop:
- An increased independence and self-confidence
- The ability to earn credit toward a degree while experiencing
- Different cultures and customs
- An opportunity to learn and put to use a new language
- An enhanced global perspective important to today's employees
Apart from the academic component of these ventures, an extended period of time abroad offers a cultural immersion, an opportunity to examine habits and attitudes different from those at home. Participants in Walsh University's Global Learning Programs accept challenges different from those on our campus, and return to North Canton with a larger view of the world, a deeper understanding of its peoples and a stronger sense of themselves. The Office of Global Learning encourages students to explore our overseas opportunities and facilitates the study abroad process.