Estimated Tuition and Fees 2019-2020
Master of Arts in Education
Tuition (per credit hour)
Tuition and fees are due the first day of class each semester. All rates are estimated and subject to change.
Online-Only Students: Contact Student Services to have the parking fee removed from their account.
Education Endorsement Courses: $300 per credit hour. (Does not apply to Middle Childhood Education.)
Auditing Fee: Individuals who complete the application procedure determined by individual graduate programs may choose to audit a graduate course for self-improvement. Tests and class discussion are not required when auditing a graduate course, but the approval of the program director is required. The auditing fee is one-half the regular tuition rate per course and an AU entry is recorded on the transcript. (Auditing fee is $353 per semester hour for MSN and DNP, $363 per semester hour for MBA, MAED and CHD, and $181 per semester hour for MA in Theology.)
All discounts are applicable to full-price Undergraduate and Graduate courses, ONLY. Courses offered at an already reduced price are not eligible for any discount.
A 50% discount is granted to full time employees of the Diocese. Proof of Diocesan employment is required for each semester you apply for this discount. Acceptable documentation verifying employment includes a letter signed by your employer on your organization's letterhead or a copy of a current employment contract. The Diocesan Discount does not apply to MA in Theology coursework, as this is already a discounted rate.
GRADUATE STUDIES DISCOUNT FOR WALSH ALUMNI
A 25% is discount granted to individuals who received their four-year undergraduate or graduate degree from Walsh University and are enrolling in graduate courses. This discount does not apply to students eligible for and accepting other discounts. This discount also does not apply to the Physical Therapy or Occupational Therapy programs. Restrictions exist for students receiving employer-based tuition reimbursement.
LICENSURE PROGRAM DISCOUNT (LEAD)
A $290 per credit hour discount is available on undergraduate courses granted to individuals who already hold a Bachelor's Degree and are now electing to participate in the Teacher Preparation Program. This discount does not apply to students eligible for and accepting other discounts, nor is it applicable to summer tuition rates.
POST ENDORSEMENT DISCOUNT
A 25% discount is applied to Masters of Education courses after a student successfully completes an Endorsement Program in Education at Walsh. This discount only applies to MAED, full price courses.
More information on tuition discounts is available in the Student Service Center located in Farrell Hall.
- The Servant Leadership Scholarship Fund. This scholarship is open to full-time employees of a Stark County nonprofit organization who are majoring in a leadership-related field.
- The James J. and Norma Dreussi Memorial Endowed Scholarship. Awarded from a fund established by Mrs. Norma Dreussi in memory of her husband, James J. Dreussi. Preference will be given to students who are parishioners of St. Anthony’s Church in Canton, Ohio. The scholarship is renewable and students must maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average. *Applications available at St. Anthony’s Church in Canton, in the Student Service Center and online.
- The Mission Service Endowed Scholarship. Preference is given to students at the graduate level in the following order: Brothers of Christian Instruction, priests residing with the Brothers and serving as community chaplains, or religious men and women from other congregations. Students must have the endorsement of their major superior or Bishop.
- The Alumni Association 50th Anniversary Endowed Scholarship. An endowed scholarship established by the Alumni Board of Trustees to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Walsh University. Eligible students must maintain a 3.0 grade point average or higher. *Applications may be found in the Alumni Office during the spring semester.
- The Alumni Association Board of Trustees Endowed Scholarship. The Alumni Board of Trustees established this endowed scholarship. Eligible students must maintain a 3.0 grade point average or higher and display financial need. *Applications may be found in the Alumni Office during the spring semester.