Graduate Reading Endorsement Program
Do you have a passion for helping your students achieve reading success? Attain the most effective reading strategies and enhance your degree with a Pre-K through 12th Grade Reading Endorsement from Walsh University.
- Cost: $300* per credit hour
- 18 Credit Hours (Six courses, 3 credit hours each)
- Must hold a valid teaching license
- Individuals with an Early Childhood Education (ECE), Middle Childhood Education (MCE) or Early Childhood Intervention Specialist (ECIS): Must have previously completed twelve (12) hours of undergraduate or graduate level reading coursework. One of these courses must be a Phonics course.
- Individuals with an Adolescent/Young Adult (AYA), Multi-Age or career technical license: Must have previously completed nine (9) hours of undergraduate or graduate level reading coursework. One of the courses must be a Phonics course.
- The Reading Endorsement can be added to any license after successfully completing the required coursework and passing the two required Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE) sub-tests (test numbers 038 and 039).
For Walsh's Reading Endorsement program guidelines, please view the Walsh University Reading Endorsement Statement.
*Please note that federal financial aid is not offered for this program.