In collaboration with Walsh faculty, the Career Center can support you through your graduate school application process. Since the decision to attend graduate school requires careful planning, upperclassmen should start the process early and take advantage of resources in the Career Center.
Considering Graduate School?
Why pursue a graduate education?
- The need for an advanced degree to enter your chosen profession
- To increase your marketability
- To advance your career.
What questions should students ask before deciding to commit to grad school?
- Are you prepared to commit to a career field?
- Have you determined your long-range career and lifestyle goals?
- Will the degree prepare you for a specific occupation or career field?
- Are you comfortable with living the lifestyle of a student for a few more years?
- Is it worth the financial investment?
In some instances, an advanced degree will increase your marketability, while in other instances additional work experience in your field will be more relevant. Graduate school is self-directed in nature, therefore a student who is not self-motivated and unsure of their goals will face a bigger challenge in successfully completing a graduate program.
Graduate school may be the perfect next step for you! If you think graduate school is the right choice, explore our other graduate school resources and feel free to make an appointment on Handshake or attend one of our graduate school events to learn more about the process.