Jump to page contentFuture Student?

Health Services

A nurse coordinates student health services from a clinic in the Mercy Wellness Center of the Cecchini Center. A working relationship with area hospitals provides students with physician and emergency care coverage.

A doctor from Mercy Medical is on campus two days a week:
Tuesday: 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Wednesday: 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Health Services Office Hours:
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Wednesday: 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.

For more information, call (330) 490-7030. 

Student Health Insurance Policy

Walsh University requires all full-time undergraduate students to have health insurance. Students who do not have health insurance will need to purchase their own policy. Good health is essential to your academic success; adequate insurance can assist you in getting the care you need to maintain your health.

For more information or for enrollment process details, please download the student health insurance contact sheet.

International students must provide their health insurance policy, in English, to the International Student Advisor to ensure federal compliance.

Vaccination Information

According to The Ohio Revised Code Section 1713.55, all students who live on campus must disclose whether they have been vaccinated against Meningococcal Disease and Hepatitis B.

Please note that this law does not require vaccination of the student. It only requires disclosure of vaccine status. All new students will provide that information on their medical history forms.

For students who choose to be vaccinated, vaccines will be available in the Health Center. There is a charge for each vaccination (note that the Hepatitis B vaccination is a series of three injections). Please contact Health Services, for pricing and availability at (330) 490-7302 or via e-mail at healthservices@walsh.edu.

If you have questions about the housing assignment process, please contact the Director of Residence Life at reslife@walsh.edu (please note that Residence Life can clarify the expectations with regards to information disclosure but are unable to answer specific questions about either Meningococcal Disease and/or Hepatitis B). If you have questions about Meningococcal Disease and/or Hepatitis B, please contact Health Services at healthservices@walsh.edu or visit the Centers for Disease Control website.