With Walsh University's Healthcare Administration degree program, students will explore healthcare delivery systems, resources, administrative structure and decision-making. Other areas of study include legal, practical, moral and ethical issues confronting healthcare practice as well as the process and implications of managed care and reimbursement.
- Personal Attention. Our class sizes are small, giving students more one-on-one attention from their instructors.
- Accelerated Format. Designed for busy, working adults, this degree can be completed by taking online courses offered in accelerated 8-week sessions.
- Responsible Best Practices. As part of the Walsh University mission, we place a great deal of focus on the ethical practice of healthcare administration.
The Healthcare Administration major includes 39 credit hours plus core requirements, for a total of 124 credit hours to graduate. Key classes include Healthcare Systems, Healthcare Ethics and Law, Managed Care and Reimbursement and a Healthcare Administration Capstone. View courses here.
Graduates with a degree in Healthcare Administration are prepared for careers such as:
- Hospital Financial Analyst
- Health Insurance Specialist
- Practice Manager
- Provider Network Director
- Discharge Coordinator
- Outpatient Care Supervisor