I.T. Information for Current Students
Information Technology has many services available for students to enhance their experience while they are living, working and studying at Walsh University.
I.T. in the Residence Halls
- Each room has an Ethernet port for connecting to our wired network. The wired network is faster and is a good alternative to wireless if you are working in your room. We recommend a 15-20 foot ethernet cable to connect.
- Wifi (Walsh-student) is available throughout the residence halls. The guest wifi is NOT available in the residence halls.
- Each residence hall has a computer lab for students to use to collaborate and do classwork. All labs are equipped with printers (no charge for printing).
- Gaming devices are permitted on the wired network. Gaming devices on the wireless network, Walsh-student, will require your Walsh login each time you use the device.
- Smart TVs and streaming media devices are permitted on the wired network. These devices must be registered on the wireless network, complete this form and return into help desk. Chromecasts are not permitted on our network.
Main Campus Computer Labs
Labs are located throughout the classroom buildings. In addition, computers are available in the library for student use.
- Aultman Health Sciences Center, Rooms 003 and 004 (4 computers have Adobe Creative Suite)
- Barrette Conference Center, Room 126 (includes Adobe Creative Suite and QuickBooks software)
- Timken Science Center, Rooms 118 and 120
- Hannon Room, 103
- David Center, Game Room in the basement
All lab computers have the following software and more:
- Office 2013
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Respondus Lockdown Browser
- Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox Browsers
- Printer access (with free printing!)
Collaborative Space for Commuter Sudents
In the lower level of the David Center there is a collaborative space for commuter students that has a big screen that allows connection with your laptop wirelessly using Crestron AirMedia. Instructions are available on the wall by the monitor.
Office365 is used for our email service. In addition, users have access to all Office365 online tools such as a Video Channel, OneDrive for document storage and sharing, Online Word, Excel, Powerpoint and OneNote, and a presentation tool called Sway.
Microsoft Office is available free to students with their Walsh account
- Log into your email account
- Click the Install button to download the most recent Office product
- Office2016 for PCs
- Office2015 for Macs
- Mobile device options (link to details is below the install button)
Once downloaded the link will appear at the bottom of the page.
OneDrive is part of Office365 and is a file storage and sharing space. Upload and save your files. Access files shared with you by other students or your instructors. Share your files with students and instructors. Click the OneDrive icon after logging into Office365 to get started.
Atomic Learning is a free service to all Walsh University students, faculty and staff. The service has hours of online training in a variety of topics such as communication skills, Microsoft Products, programming languages and much much more! Use it to brush up on an old skill or learn something new. Some instructors may require viewing a series for a class requirement. Access it here.