Leaders in Social Justice
Enact Change in the Local Community
This four-year scholarship program is designed to foster change-makers in the community and leaders in service to others. It is a learning community of residential and commuter students who have a passion for making the world a better place for all by questioning and challenging social inequality.
What do the Leaders in Social Justice do?
- Take classes with other Leaders in Social Justice to develop leadership skills
- Serve with other Leaders in Social Justice at local nonprofits and community partners which address a variety of issues.
- Participate in immersion programs and study away experiences to enrich their knowledge about social advocacy and engage in civic service.
- Think globally, act locally
What are the benefits of becoming a Leader in Social Justice?
- $2,000 renewable scholarship
- Travel assistance
- Priority registration and advising
- Certificate of distinction at graduation
- Expanded leadership, critical thinking, problem solving, communication and intercultural competencies
What is involved?
- 10 credit hours (fulfills SL, H2B, and H3 requirements)
- Leadership Retreat
- Immersion Program
- May Experiential Trip (7-10 days)
- Social Justice conference(s)
- Leadership/Fellowship Position
- Career Workshop
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Application (includes essay and interview)
- Open to all majors, both residential and commuter students