Lifelong Learning Academy
Walsh University's Lifelong Learning Academy encourages and recognizes the ongoing study of adults in our community by offering stimulating, high-level courses and experiences to the general community. Events are offered at no charge.
Attendance cards will be available at each event for those who wish to receive Academy credit. Records are kept for participants, and recognition is granted to those completing the following levels:
- Scholar in the Academy - 15 Hours of Study Completed
- Master in the Academy - 30 Hours of Study Completed
- Fellow in the Academy - 45 Hours of Study Completed
- The Provost's Council - 75 Hours of Study Completed
- The President's Cabinet - 125 Hours of Study Completed
Additional videos from past Lifelong Learning Academy events are available on the Walsh University YouTube Channel.
- Saturday, 09.22.18Join the Lifelong Learning Academy for two extraordinary tours of the classic music and art of local churches. Sunday, September 16, 2018 Pipes: Three Great Church Instruments 1:30-4:30 p.m. We’ll visit the Kegg organ…See event details for The Academy on the Road: Pipes and Panes
- Wednesday, 09.26.187 PM - 8:30 PM
The Papal Encyclical on "Human Life"Walsh University's Lifelong Learning Academy and the Catholic Diocese of Youngstown's Office of Pro-Life, Marriage and Family Life are co-sponsors of this two-part series on the 50th Anniversary of Humanae Vitae . September 12…See event details for The Papal Encyclical on "Human Life"
- Wednesday, 10.10.187 PM - 8:30 PM
Heroes of Conscience: The Courage of Bonhoeffer and Other Members of the German ResistanceDr. Martin Horning will focus on the words and deeds of Dietrich Bonhoeffer and other members of the German Resistance during WWII. The presentation will also include a tribute to Jean Vanier, the founder of the organization called L'Arche,…See event details for Heroes of Conscience: The Courage of Bonhoeffer and Other Members of the German Resistance
- Wednesday, 10.24.187 PM - 8:30 PM
Confession: The Practice and its PowerThere are more dates for this eventThis three-part series is part of the Lifelong Learning Academy. October 24 Betzler Auditorium Fr. Patrick Manning – “Confess my sins to a priest? That’s not in the Bible!” Our…See event details for Confession: The Practice and its Power
- Tuesday, 10.30.187 PM - 9 PM
Encountering the Fourth Amendment in our TimeThe Lifelong Learning Academy and Stark County NAACP partner for a presentation that addresses our Fourth Amendment rights and how they are applied. Featuring: Dr. Laurence Bove; J. Dean Carro, Esq.; North Canton…See event details for Encountering the Fourth Amendment in our Time
- Monday, 11.12.187 PM
Make Joyful Noise Unto the Lord: The Music of the MassThere are more dates for this event“Make a Joyful Noise Unto the Lord: An Overview of Music of the Mass From Medieval to Modern Times” is a two-part survey tracing the evolution of Catholic liturgical music celebrating the Mass from Jewish cantillation and ancient…See event details for Make Joyful Noise Unto the Lord: The Music of the Mass
- Wednesday, 11.14.187 PM - 8:30 PM
A Taste of Torah and Talmud with Rabbi John SpitzerThere are more dates for this eventThe Lifelong Learning Academy presents this two-part series with Rabbi John Spitzer. November 14 “A Taste of Torah” What is the sacred scroll of the Torah? What does it look like and how is it made? How is it used…See event details for A Taste of Torah and Talmud with Rabbi John Spitzer