Marketing is strategy. It's part of good business development and can have a major impact on sales and overall business growth. Through marketing processes, companies and organizations determine what products or services interest their customers.
What makes Walsh's Marketing program unique?
- Theory meets experience. Walsh's Marketing coursework blends marketing theory with experiential, or hands-on, practical learning, throughout the four years of study.
- Global awareness. We focus on marketing on a national level, and our curriculum is taught with an emphasis on global perspective. In addition, Walsh students have the opportunity to study global marketing abroad from Walsh's Rome campus.
- Marketing as business. We emphasize on how marketing acts as a business function and can be used as a method of creating sustainability.
- Responsible best-practices. Ethical, social, moral and personal responsibility is threaded throughout the coursework and embedded in our students' classroom and experiential learning.
- Diverse curriculum. Students take a wide variety of marketing courses. They earn a well-rounded education that makes them qualified for numerous tracks in the marketing field.
Chris Himmelman - Class of 2018
From the moment I arrived on the Walsh University campus, I was in love. Now, as I prepare to graduate in the spring, I can honestly say that Walsh is home for me.
I’ve made it my mission these past four years to get involved in everything I could. Participating in a wide variety of clubs and activities –everything from the Honors program to Marching Band, Business Club and more – helped me discover my key areas of interest.
Generally speaking, what couses will I need to take?
All Marketing majors, like other business majors, need to take a required core group of business classes, including accounting, finance, general management and information management and analysis. Read about additional related marketing courses.