Jump to page contentFuture Student?

Master's in Education Admission Requirements

Persons with bachelor's degrees from accredited colleges, with promising scholastic standing, and with personal and professional potential, will be considered for admission to the Master's of Education program.

Admissions information and application packets are available from the Graduate Admissions Office. Forms are also available online.

Master's in Education Admission

  • Completed application form
  • Official transcript(s) of undergraduate and other graduate study sent directly from the applicant's college(s) to Graduate Admissions at Walsh University. Transcripts are not necessary for Walsh University graduates.
  • A minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) is required for admission to the program.
  • Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale on the baccalaureate transcript. Applicants who meet this criterion do not need to submit results from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT). Applicants with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.99 or less may be considered for conditional admission once they have submitted their results from the GRE or the MAT in addition to all required Admissions documents. Individuals who hold a master's degree from an accredited college or university are not required to provide GRE or MAT results.
  • Please complete a writing sample and return it with the application booklet. The requirements demonstrate your ability to communicate in written form. The sample should be approximately one (1) typewritten page. Respond to the following questions: 
    1. What characteristics does the successful teacher possess? 
    2. Why do you consider these characteristics important?
  • Alignment to Mission.
  • Recommendations by three unrelated persons qualified to appraise scholastic aptitude and personal and professional promise.
  • Interview with the Director of Graduate Education Studies in the Division of Education.
  • Copy of Teaching License (if a licensed teacher.)

International Students must also satisfy International Admission Requirements in addition to transfer requirements.

Request Graduate Program Information

Note: Form fields appended with the asterisk (*) are required to ensure the best possible response to your submitted information
Request Information
Security Check