Master of Arts in Education
Strong literacy skills are essential building blocks for students to succeed in school, and in all aspects of their lives.
Teachers who are highly qualified in the area of language arts are in high demand as literacy expectations continue to increase. The Reading Literacy specialization serves to strengthen a teacher's competency, making them extremely valuable in the area of reading proficiency.
This program prepares experienced teachers to assess reading literacy, as well as develop, plan and implement reading programs to assist the diverse needs and abilities of students. Courses can be completed online or in the traditional classroom setting.
- Small classes enhance practical experience and learning, and help you develop caring, supportive relationships.
- Our accelerated eight-week format makes it easy to complete your Master's in Education degree in as little as two years.
- Enjoy scheduling flexibility with evening and online classes.
- Summer courses are offered with a variety of scheduling options including workshop formats.
- Gain cross-cultural, professional experience through global learning opportunities.
- Full accreditation by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and the Ohio Department of Education ensures a quality curriculum.
MAED students can complete their degree online or in the traditional classroom setting at our North Canton campus. Students may also opt for a combination of online and traditional classes.
The Walsh Master's in Education degree focuses on academic excellence, accommodations for diversity, and applied best practices. It lays out the path you need to follow to become a master educator. View our virtual information session to learn more.