Master's in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
With a Master’s Degree in the Clinical Mental Health Counseling Specialization, you will join a fast growing profession dedicated to helping people achieve personal, vocational/educational and relational goals. In Ohio, clinical mental health counselors are independently licensed practitioners, who may assist individuals with specific clinical problems to improve their coping skills and overall functioning.
Career Opportunities with a Master’s in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Clinical Mental Health Counselors may be employed in:
- Community mental health - adult and child-serving programs
- Community family service programs
- School-based intervention programs
- Alcohol and drug programs
- Criminal justice programs
- Hospitals and residential service programs
- Employee assistance programs
- Crisis intervention centers
- Vocational and career-development programs
- Private practices
Walsh’s CACREP accredited Clinical Mental Health Counseling specialization offers students a focused clinical education with experiential training and a strong emphasis on case-oriented learning. A variety of internship sites help provide graduates with a competitive edge in the professional job market.