Middle Childhood Generalist Endorsement
Walsh University offers both the Ohio Graduate and Undergraduate Middle Childhood Generalist Endorsement. In Ohio, Middle Childhood teachers are licensed to teach in two content areas across grades four through nine. The State Board of Education passed a resolution creating additional endorsements for Middle Childhood Education candidates in response to requests from school administrators to meet grades four through six content area staffing needs.
This endorsement allows a Middle Childhood Education (MCE) licensed teacher or current teaching candidate to teach in additional content areas: Language Arts, Mathematics, Science or Social Studies. (See course requirements here.)
- Cost: $950/credit hour (Walsh University undergraduate course rate)
- Each content area consists of two, 3 credit hour courses
Requirements for current teachers:
- Must hold a valid Ohio Middle Childhood Education License
- Successfully complete the following courses for each content area to be added as an endorsement
- Pass the required Ohio Assessment for Educators (OAE) content assessment for content area to be added as an endorsement
- Complete the Ohio Department of Education endorsement application process
*Please note that federal financial aid is not offered for this program.