New Projects and Initiatives
Walsh University is in the midst of unparalleled growth. Increased enrollment and expanded academic programs have created the need for new facilities on our 140-acre campus.
Most recently, Walsh successfully completed the largest capital campaign in the University's history, the $32 millionWe Believe Campaign. Contributions from the five-year campaign have impacted every facet of Walsh University and heralded new academic initiatives, building expansion, interdisciplinary collaborations and scholarship opportunities.
Through the campaign came 91 new scholarships, which will result in more than $450,000 each year for student aid. In addition, donor generosity helped the University reach its $5 million goal for the annual operating fund, the Walsh Fund. Perhaps most visible results are the physical enhancements and additions to the university, most notably the addition of two new buildings – Saint John Paul II Center for Science Innovation and the Marlene and Joe Toot Global Learning Center.
Although the We Believe Campaign has ended, there is still work to be done. As the global environment continues to change and become more technologically advanced, every future gift will matter in ensuring that Walsh University will not only keep pace but also will drive future growth with compassion, service and faith as its guide.
Walsh University has many ways for you to make a difference on campus and for our students, including:
- Scholarships – More than 95% of Walsh students require some form of financial aid to attend classes. Endowed scholarships bridge the gap for many, ensuring they have the resources to earn their degrees.
- Alexis & Menard Residence Hall Improvements – During summer 2018, Walsh University refreshed its two oldest dorms with all new flooring, paint, lighting, and cabinetry in the rooms.
- Chapel Steps Restoration – Walsh University will restore the aging steps leading to its beautiful Our Lady of Perpetual Help Chapel.
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help Giving Society – This group of supporters helps Walsh enhance its Catholic identity and legacy, and members receive invitations to special events, programs, and special Masses.
- Secure Your Name on Campus – There are several opportunities to secure naming rights on campus, including on an artistic representation of the Periodic of Table of Elements and a commemorative brick outside the Marlene & Joe Toot Global Learning Center.