Organizational Development and Leadership
Available Completely Online!
Organizational Development and Leadership (ODL) is a new, multidisciplinary program allows students the opportunity to become effective leaders and change agents within their organizations and businesses. Students have the ability to select concentrations in either organizational promotion, resource development or corporate communications.
What makes Walsh's Organizational Development and Leadership major unique?
- Blended curriculum. Our Organizational Development and Leadership major is a unique program that mixes theory and practical skills that are found in our Sociology, Psychology, Communication and other coursework.
- Emphasis on ethics. As part of our Catholic mission, we stress ethics and responsibility within the coursework and the practices of this major.
- Accelerated Format. Designed for busy, working adults, this degree can be completed by taking online courses offered in accelerated 8-week sessions.
Generally speaking, what courses will I need to take to graduate with an Organizational Development and Leadership degree?
All students will take the Organizational Development and Leadership core courses, which include a combination of sociology, psychology and behavioral science coursework. In addition, each student must select two areas of concentration from either organizational promotion, resource development, or corporate communications. These concentrations offer a mix of digital applications, and communications coursework.
In addition, students have the option of working toward their MBA degree through Walsh's 4+1 MBA program. These students will be required to complete the prep series courses in additional to the required undergraduate coursework.
What type of career can I look forward to with an Organizational Development and Leadership degree?
The multidisciplinary approach to the ODL degree program prepares graduates for a wide range of leadership careers in:
- Organizational Management
- Human Resource Management
- Training and Development Management
- Healthcare and Project Management
To learn more, complete the form at the bottom of the page or call 330-490-7238.