Pre-Physical Therapy Degree
What does Walsh's Pre-Physical Therapy program entail?
Students in the Pre-Physical Therapy program major in Biology, with an expectation of pursuing a graduate degree in Physical Therapy. This pre-professional program offers a strong scientific background, providing flexibility if a student decides to change tracks mid-course and choose Pre-Medicine or Pre-Pharmacy. It also offers a solid foundation for graduate studies in any science field.
What type of career can I look forward to with a Physical Therapy degree?
Physical Therapy is one of the fastest growing and most rewarding career fields in the United States. Today's physical therapists play a significant role in the concept of total patient management and are specialists in addressing movement dysfunction while focusing on preventative care to minimize disability for a wide range of age groups in a variety of settings.
What makes Walsh's Pre-Physical Therapy degree unique?
Walsh University is different than other Pre-Physical Therapy schools in the following ways:
- Faculty with Experience. Each of our Ph.D. Biology faculty members specialize in their areas of expertise. They are excellent teachers and competent researchers.
- Diverse Course Offering. Biology students choose from a wide assortment of electives that satisfy their personal and professional interests.
- Early Research Opportunities.
- State-of-the-Art Facilities. Walsh houses laboratories equipped with the latest technologies, giving our students a chance to work with the instruments and tools used in the field.
In addition, Walsh offers a first-class graduate program where students have the opportunity to pursue a Doctorate in Physical Therapy.
What are the requirements for early assurance into the Doctorate of Physical Therapy program?
An incoming freshman can qualify for early assurance into the DPT program, if the student meets the following criteria.
Generally speaking, what courses will I need to take?
Pre-Physical Therapy schools require students to take a solid core of math and science courses including:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Human Physiology
- Organic Chemistry
- Human Development and Lifespan
- Exercise Physiology
What experiential learning or internship opportunities are available?
Biology students gain real-world experience through:
- Summer research initiatives at Walsh or other organizations in our community.
- Opportunities to take their studies abroad.
Kaili Kashiwaeda - Class 2020
Major: Biology Pre-Physical Therapy
Hometown: Ogden, Utah
When I was applying to schools my mom and I found Walsh when researching schools in the Newman Guide. I wasn’t sure how I would like being and out of state student, coming from Utah. But as we learned more about Walsh and the different scholarships and programs offered, I decided to apply just to give me more options. After getting accepted to the Blouin Global Scholars Program and direct entry to the PT school, the rest was history!