The national search for the new President of Walsh University is underway.
If you would like to submit comments, suggestions or nominate a candidate, please complete the form at the bottom of this page.
As noted in the announcement to the community, Dr. Rick Artman, search consultant from Academic Search, will visit the campus Wednesday through Friday, Feb. 27 – Mar. 1. The purpose of his visit is to listen and to learn as much as he can about Walsh that will result in his preparing a search prospectus for a national recruitment strategy. The prospectus will include facts and features about the university, the position, candidate requirements and qualifications, and other information.
On behalf of the Board of Directors of Walsh University, times are being coordinated for Dr. Artman to meet with the search committee and many University constituents. Some meetings will be with individuals, some with small groups, and others will be open forums for faculty, administration, and staff. The schedules will be posted at this site and also around campus.
If you plan to participate in one of these sessions with Dr. Artman, please prepare to share your perspectives on the following topics. Your thoughtful preparation will make the best use of limited time available for these meetings.
If you are unable to participate, you may provide your input through the online form at the bottom of this page.
Focus Group Questions
- What would attract quality candidates to apply for the presidency at Walsh University. In other words, what are our strengths and attractive features?
- What are the most significant challenges and opportunities facing the president?
- What are the academic and experiential requirements for the next president?
- What are the qualifications and attributes that you value in the next president?
- What are the priorities that should drive the agenda of the next president in the first 18-24 months?