Registration Procedures (Undergraduate & Graduate)
Where do you register?
Register online through the Cavalier Center or in the Student Service Center located in Farrell Hall. Students who are non-degree seeking or postsecondary must register in person in Farrell Hall.
Registration after the close of the registration period will be subject to a late registration fee. This fee will not be applied to new, transfer or returning students with advising/registration appointments after the close of current student registration.
Immediately after your advising session:
- Check for any Holds that might prevent registration by accessing the Cavalier Center. Click the Office of the Registrar-Academic Records-View Holds. Resolve the Hold prior to registration.
- Registration appointments can be located on the Web site under Academics - Office of the Registrar -Registration Appointments. Registration appointments will be based on total hours earned. Do not include your current semester classes.
- On the assigned registration appointment, either register by accessing the Cavalier Center or by coming into the Student Service Center.
Standard Office Hours for Registration
Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
If you have specific questions regarding registration, contact the Student Service Center at (330) 490-7367.
Registration will not be permitted without an Alternate PIN or an advisor's signature. Additionally, registrations will not be permitted if financial obligations are not met. Please contact the Student Service Center to resolve any outstanding balance(s).
*Current post-secondary students must first meet with their school guidance counselors for advising prior to consulting the PSP Walsh University advisor. The advisor for all PSP students can be reached at (330) 490-7349 for an advising appointment.
Who can register?
- Current students who have attended each semester (without interruption) since their first semester at Walsh University.
- Re-admitted Walsh University students who have completed a Returning Student Application and have been accepted for re-admission.
- Post-secondary students who have maintained current student status.
- New, traditional, and non-traditional students entering the University for the first time. This includes those entering with a transfer or transient status.
University policy requires all unpaid balances to be paid in full (unless prior arrangements have been made with the UniversityBilling Office). An unpaid balance will prevent you from registering at the appointed time.
What do you need to do?
All students are required to visit their assigned academic advisor prior to registration. To register via the Cavalier Center, an Alternate PIN must be obtained from your academic advisor. To register in the Student Service Center, an advisor's signature must be obtained on your pre-registration form. Advisor assignments are available in the Cavalier Center. Click Office of the Registrar-Academic Records-General Student Information. Registration appointments are published on the Office of the Registrar Web site under Registration Appointments. Registration appointments are based on total credit hours earned.
Be sure to check prerequisites and notes carefully when planning your schedule. Avoid course conflicts by writing a tentative schedule. This will help you avoid selecting classes that meet at the same time on the same day. To reduce or eliminate registration delays, ask your advisor to assist you with planning alternative sections that will fit your schedule if primary course selections are closed. Note: Any student receiving veteran benefits must notify the Registrar immediately after registration for an enrollment certification to be processed.
Change of Registration (Add/Drop) Period
You may process a change of registration (add/drop) after the last day for Open Registration until the last day to add/drop classes. (Refer to the Academic Calendar for specific dates.) During this change of registration period, an add/drop fee will be assessed. Be sure to secure your advisor's signature for changes within your major and/or minor. All class drops occurring after the last day to add/drop must be completed by the last day for dropping classes with a grade of W. Your advisor and instructor's signature are required. These drops will be subject to the change of registration fee. (Refer to the Academic Calendar for specific dates).
Graduate Program Procedures
Graduate students may register online by accessing the Cavalier Center. To register online, the student must obtain an alternate PIN from their assigned academic advisor and resolve any holds that may prevent registration. Check registration appointments on the Office of the Registrar's Web site to view your assigned registration date.
Graduate students may register by downloading a Graduate Registration Form from the file gallery on the Office of the Registrar homepage of this site. Complete, sign and either fax or mail to the following:
(330) 490-7372 (Fax)
2020 E. Maple Street
North Canton, Ohio 44720
Attn: Office of the Registrar
Please visit the Graduate section of the website for individual program information and procedures.