Student Athletes in Leadership (SAIL)
Living Learning Community
The Student Athletes in Leadership (SAIL) Program is a community of varsity athletes who display strong leadership ability and potential. Throughout the year, SAIL students explore leaders with backgrounds in athletics, their methods, and how to practically apply those skills as student athlete leaders on Walsh’s campus. Learning the importance and skills of peer mentorship throughout the SAIL program allows students to become role models for the remainder of their years at Walsh and beyond.
- Speakers and workshops focused on the leadership and peer mentorship role of student athletes
- Participation in special athletic events such as induction ceremonies
- Develop close relationships with members of various sports teams
What types of experiential learning opportunities are provided?
- Invitation to Walsh University Athletic Wall of Fame Induction activities
- Must be an active member on a varsity sport roster (Fall or Spring sport)
- 2.0 GPA
- Nomination from student's high school coach
- Short answer essays