In Partnership with the Saint John Institute in Denver
Beginning in fall 2016, Saint John Institute students, who wish to apply business acumen to the needs of the Church and other areas of service, will be able to earn their online Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Entrepreneurship degree from Walsh. Students earn their MBA while living in a community of their peers in the rich spiritual environment of the Community of Saint John in Denver, Colorado.
Benefits for Students at the Saint John Institute (SJI) include:
- Ability to complete their MBA program online through Walsh’s DeVille School of Business while living in a community of their peers near the Priory of the Community of St. John at the SJI campus in Denver, Colorado
- In-depth personal and spiritual formation in a full-immersion program designed to form the heart of an evangelizer capable of bringing the Gospel to a modern world
- Additional theology and philosophy preparation provided in-person by the Brothers of the Community of Saint John
- Formation in outdoor leadership, including a 21-day backpacking trip, daily monastic prayer schedule, retreat opportunities, cultural and artistic outings, and more
- Walsh’s MBA degree can be completed in 36 semester hours of coursework for a student who demonstrates all required competencies upon entry
- There will be opportunities for SJI students to visit the Walsh campus in Ohio during the program and for professors from Walsh to visit the students in Denver
Students must complete the DeVille School of Business MBA Entrepreneurship Degree Requirements:
Walsh University's MBA degree can be completed in 36 semester hours of coursework for a student who demonstrates all required competencies upon entry. All MBA degrees include foundation and common body of knowledge (MBA Core) classes. The remaining credit hours are fulfilled with entrepreneurship concentrated courses. Full course descriptions are available in the online Academic Catalog.
Six (6) core courses:
MBA 621 Sustainable Ethical Leadership 3 credit hrs.
MBA 622 Organization Behavior and Communication 3 credit hrs.
MBA 623 Financial Accounting & Management 3 credit hrs.
MBA 624 Marketing 3 credit hrs.
MBA 625 Information Systems 3 credit hrs.
MBA 626 Applied Organizational Research & Analysis 3 credit hrs.
Total Core Requirement Credit Hours: 18 credit hrs.
Following successful completion of the MBA Core courses, students in the Entrepreneurship specialty may enroll in the following specialty courses. These provide an in-depth study in this particular area of interest.
Four (4) specialty courses:
MBA 681 Global Business Conditions 3 credit hrs.
MBA 682 Managerial Accounting 3 credit hrs.
MBA 743 Social Media Marketing 3 credit hrs.
MBA 761 Entrepreneurship & Innovation 3 credit hrs.
Total Specialty Requirement Credit Hours: 12 credit hrs.
One (1) elective course from this selection:
MBA 683 Non-Profit Accounting 3 credit hrs.
MBA 702 Quality & Performance Management 3 credit hrs.
MBA 742 Integrated Marketing Communications 3 credit hrs.
Total Elective Requirement Credit Hours: 3 credit hrs.
The final course for completion in this program, the capstone, builds on and encompasses all previous coursework.
One (1) capstone course:
MBA 779 Entrepreneurship (Capstone) 3 credit hrs.
Total Capstone Requirement Credit Hours:3 credit hrs.