Office of Information Technology
The mission of the Office of Information Technology (OIT) at Walsh University is to enhance the educational process through the application of information systems, technological services, telephony and electronic learning resources. OIT supports all University educational programs, research, student services and administrative functions.
The Office of Information technology is comprised of four functional areas:
- Consolidated Help Desk provides a single point of contact for all technology issues to students, faculty and staff. All support calls are logged. Those issues that can't be resolved by the personnel within the Help Desk are escalated to the other areas within the Office of Information Technology. All calls are tracked against acceptable service levels to ensure quality technology support for all university students, faculty and staff.
- Information Systems is responsible for the computer systems (software) used to collect, filter, process, create and distribute data/information to students, faculty and staff in support of their specific functions on campus.
- Technology Services is responsible for the technology infrastructure of the university. This includes all networks, computing hardware, email, multimedia, telephony, etc.
- Electronic Learning Services supports faculty and students in the creation and delivery of educational content in an electronic modality. This includes converting education content into an electronic format, faculty training, ensuring adherence to electronic standards of teaching and learning, etc.
- Account/Identity Management
- Campus Network
- Wired Network
- Wireless Network
- Campus Telephony
- Phone Systems
- Voice Mail
- Cell Phones
- Classroom Technology
- Electronic Learning Services
- Personal Computer Repair and Diagnostics
- University Computer Support
- Office Computers and Software
- Lab Computers and Software
- University Information Systems
- School Information System (Banner)
- Electronic Course Network (ECN)
- University Portal (MyWalsh)
- University Print Management
The Office of Information Systems Help Desk is located in Farrell Hall 212, on the second floor directly across from the stairwell nearest the library.
The Office of Information Technology is open Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Help Desk support is available 24/7 by dialing (330) 244-4357.
Phone: (330) 244-4357